Monday, October 19, 2009

Altered Notebook

I've been seeing a lot of cool altered notebooks and I've been meaning to try to do one myself. But there are always so many projects and so little time and I just never got around to it. So this weekend, I was looking through some of my junk in our garage and I found this old book. It's just a plain journal that I got from Border's years ago. I have no idea what I intended to do with it but obviously I never did anything with it except pull of the sticky label that was on it. You can see in the picture where that label was. Anyway, I had an "Ah Ha" moment and decided to alter this book.

This is how I altered this book:
I used two different papers from Basic Grey's Eva line.
I used Modge Podge to adhere the papers.
After it dried, I put two coats of Modge Podge over the paper.
Then I used embelishments from the Basic Grey Eva line.
I cut out "Notes" on my Cricut using the Storybook cartridge.
I used Cricut Design Studio to weld the letters together.
Then I put two more coats of Modge Podge over the embelishments.
I used Modge Podge Gloss.

1 comment:

  1. I love altered notebooks..........and yours is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive