Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back Into It

I am totally new at blogging. But I'm giving this a try. Originally I thought this blog would be totally be about scrapbooking. But I'm sure I'll add more than just that.

I started scrapbooking back in 1996 when it was just starting to boom. They it really got big and took over the craft stores and I got overwhelmed and quit. Thanks to my 14 year old daughter Rachel, I just recently got back into it. Rachel scrapbooks and makes gorgeous cards. I already had a ton of supplies from my Slam making so it really was a natural move over to scrapbooking. Just in the last couple of weeks, I've done my first 5 pages. They look pretty amaturish to me but I expect to get better at it. A lot has changed in the world of scrapbooking since I last did pages. I'm excited about learning and doing more.

Once I started scrapbooking again it became painfully clear that my stuff was very unorganized. It just wasn't working for me. I had a hard time finding stuff, finding a good workspace etc. We have a front living room that is pretty much just a pass through to the family room and not used much. That is where I keep my craft/slam supplies. It was a mess! So yesterday I bit the bullet, went to Wal-Mart to get more containers and fixed the problem. I must say that I am quite happy about my progress. As soon as I figure out how, I'm going to post before and after pictures. Now I can get started on some ideas I have!
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive